Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Background

Hi, my name is Ari and I am an automotive fabricator located in Greenville, SC. I got my start in my mom's garage, making turbocharger setups, headers and exhausts for friends and fellow racers. After doing this for 7 years I started Greenville Welding LLC to turn this hobby into something I could be doing professionally. I found some space in a warehouse to work out of soon after. After doing this for about 1 year I partnered up with a local performance shop to help them with their growing need for custom fabrication. I now work out of their location doing a little of my stuff and a little of their stuff. Come take a look at some of my previous work I have done.


I got into cars because I just loved to drive, anything and everything. My first car was a 1998 Honda Civic DX. It was fun but I decided it needed more power. I made a turbo setup for it using a little T25 turbo. Discovering autocross just after I got my license, I wanted to start right off. After watching a local event I found a car club in Clemson called Clemson Sports Car Club. They have been holding monthly autocrosses for over 30 years on campus and was a really tightly knit group of young car guys looking to push their cars and meet other car people. I continued autocrossing with them and other groups around the state. I purchased a few Miatas over these years and started modifying them. I made just about every part you could make for a car on those 3 Miatas. After becoming more and more competitive I wanted to try something new. Ted, a friend of mine suggested hillclimbs. He grew up watching the privateer racers tear through the roads of Chimney Rock in their yearly hillclimb events. He started a few local events a few months back and wanted to see if I would be interested. Curvy public roads and little room for error ... sounds like fun ... where do I sign up. I worked with the SCCA to earn my level 4 time trial license. I purchased a cheap MR2 and drove it to hillclimbs for a few years.






 My 3rd Miata. It was a 1991 with the 1.6L. I had it running Megasquirt II and a Nissan Pulsar GT28 turbo. It made around 230 whp@13psi. It weighed in at only 1900 pounds no driver!







This was my project car for hillclimbing I purchased it for. I was originally going to compete in NASA time trials but hillclimbs had more of a pull for me since I love driving through the mountains. Nothing special, just simple, cheap and safe. A good car out of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment